Glass Tiger, is run by me Mark Roberts.

I make bespoke, custom, wood/EPS, surfboards that are not externally glassed.

The boards are constructed with hard wood veneers and hard wood parabolic rails, over an EPS blank.

I set up this blog to document the latest boards, developments, and generally any other stuff thats in the mix.



http://www.glass-tiger.com/



Sunday 27 November 2011

Its all plane to sea























































I've recently made some solid chestnut wood hand planes. This is a pin tailed plane with double handed grip, and funky channels. It has a raspberry red stain on the tail, and can be fitted with a rubber wist support so there is less chance of loosing it in bigger surf.
Hand planes are huge fun, and as a stand up surfer up until now I hadn't made much of a foray into body surfing, but trying these things out really brings home the simple pleasure of you and the wave in a very uncomplicated way.

No comments:

Post a Comment